To add a new Location, follow the steps below:
1. Go to the 'Locations' tab within the 'Clients & Locations' section.
2. Click on the green 'Add Location(s)' button — shown below within the red box.
3. From here, a popup will give you these three options:
- Import GMB Locations
- Add Single Location
- Add Locations via CSV file (for bulk upload of Locations)
Add a single Location:
1. Click the green 'Add Location' button (shown above within the red box).
2. Start typing in the business name and a list of businesses will appear for you to choose from. Choose the business that you want to create a Location for from the list.
We will then pull data from Google’s Places API to populate Location details. You’ll be asked to confirm which profile to use before we populate. This data is needed by us to monitor your Location’s local search performance.
Please note: Google only returns businesses with a visible street address. If you have hidden your address in Google My Business then it won't show here. You will need to add your business details manually by clicking the 'Manually Enter Location' button.
3. Once you are happy with the Location, you can click the green 'Use This Location' button — shown below.
4. You will then be taken to the Location details, where you can edit or add more information (if needed).
Unique Location Reference: This is an internal reference that you can find under the 'Location Extras' heading. Use this to quickly identify Locations in the search function. We'll autocomplete the field for you in the format << BUSINESSNAME-ZIPCODE >>, but you can replace our suggestion with your own reference, as long as it's unique to this Location.
Assign to Client: Here you can select a client if you have multiple Locations for one business.
5. After clicking the 'Next' button, you'll be taken to a page to add further business details.
Please note: This information is purely for Citation Builder, and you can skip this step if it's not needed by clicking the 'Add This Location' button.
Success! Now your Location is set up, however you will have no reports for it. To set up reports you can select the green 'Monitor this Location' button.
If you already have a report, you can assign the Location to it by accessing the report settings.