ReviewBiz was the very first tool we conceived and launched in 2010.
It was always designed to be a simple, lightweight way for customers to generate reviews, but we have bigger ambitions for helping customers to control their reputations, which is why we launched our Reputation Manager tool in 2018.
Reputation Manager is a more sophisticated solution and achieves far better results in generating reviews for customers, so we have chosen to focus on this product, adding more features and review sites, and to close ReviewBiz.
Steps and timeline for closing ReviewBiz
Jan 2019 - ReviewBiz is only available to customers who already have a ReviewBiz widget set up; new customers and customers who haven't used ReviewBiz do not have access.
April 1st 2019 - ReviewBiz will be permanently closed.
We advise all customers to remove their badges from their site on or before this date.
This means that:
- All users will NOT be able to access ReviewBiz pages within the BrightLocal dashboard
- Existing ReviewBiz badges will stop working -
- They will display review site icons and be clickable through to the review site
- Existing badges can't be updated
New features coming to Reputation Manager
- 'Kiosk' mode: Get customers to review you in store, at their home or anywhere you interact with them. We give you a review URL that you can load onto a tablet or phone, or include in your email footers and business cards. It's flexible and easy to use to get more feedback and reviews for your business.
- Client access/controls: If you're working for an agency, you can give your clients access to their review campaigns so they can manage their own reviews and generate more reviews -
- Reply directly to Google and Facebook reviews
- Upload customer lists and details to send review-request emails
- Monitor niche review sites: We are increasing the range of sites that we monitor reviews on, and expanding the list to include important sites that are specific to certain industries:
- Legal, medical, home services, hotels, restaurants, automotive, tradesmen/contractors, care services, weddings, real estate
- SMS review-requests: Send SMS messages to customers to ask them to review you/your clients. You can do this alongside emails to maximize response.