When adding a new citation to a Citation Tracker report, you have two options:
- You can add a single citation to your report.
- You can bulk-upload more than one citation.
How to add a single citation to a Citation Tracker report:
1. While viewing the 'Live Citations' tab, 'Pending Citations' tab or 'Competitor Citations' tab, click on the 'Add Citation(s)' dropdown (indicated below by the red box).
2. Select 'Add Single Citation' from the dropdown.
3. Enter the following citation details into the 'Add New Citation' popup, then click the green 'Add Citation' button.
How to add multiple citations to a Citation Tracker report:
1. You can do this by uploading a CSV of new citation data. You'll need to prepare a completed CSV file that includes the following named columns:
- Citation URL
- Citation Status (either 'Live' or 'Pending' — see below)
You can download a sample CSV here.
2. Once your CSV has been prepared, go to the 'Live Citations' tab, the 'Pending Citations' tab or the 'Competitor Citations' tab.
3. Click on the 'Add Citation(s)' dropdown.
4. Select 'Upload Multiple Citations' from the dropdown.
5. Upload your CSV of citations.
What's the difference between Live and Pending citations?
Live Citations: These citations are currently live (can already be found online) and will appear in the table on the 'Live Citations' tab of the Citation Tracker report. They'll also appear in the table on the 'Key Citations' tab, if the citation site is classified as a top citation by BrightLocal.
To see how we decide on the Key Citations, click here.
Pending Citations: These are citations that have been submitted (but are not yet live) and will appear in the table on the 'Pending Citations' tab.
To discover more about how Pending Citations work, click here.