You have a couple of options when adding a new citation to a Citation Tracker report: you can add a single citation to your report or you can bulk upload many citations at once.
How to add a single citation to a Citation Tracker report:
1. While viewing the 'Live Citations' tab, 'Pending Citations' tab or 'Competitor Citations' tab, click on the green 'Add Citation(s)' dropdown.
2. Select 'Add Single Citation' from the dropdown.
3. Enter the following citation details into the 'Add Citation' popup.
Citation URL: the URL of the business listing on the citation site
How to add multiple citations to a Citation Tracker report:
1. You can do this via a CSV upload of new citation data, so you'll need to prepare a completed CSV file with the following columns:
Citation Status (either 'Active' or 'Pending' - see below)
You can download a sample CSV here
2. Once you've prepared your CSV, go to the 'Active Citations' tab, the 'Pending Citations' tab or the 'Potential Citations' tab.
3. Click on the green 'Add Citation(s)' dropdown.
4. Select 'Upload Multiple Citations' from the dropdown.
5. Upload your CSV of citations.
What's the difference between Live and Pending citations?
Live Citations: these are citations that are live and can be found online already. These will appear in the table on the 'Live Citations' tab on the Citation Tracker report. They'll also appear in the table on the 'Key Citations' tab if the citation site is classified as a top citation by BrightLocal. To see how we decide on the Key Citations, click here
Pending Citations: these are citations that have been submitted but are not yet live. These will appear in the table on the 'Pending Citations' tab. To find out more about how pending citations work, click here