The Google Review Link & Place ID Generator is a free local SEO tool that allows users to generate the links and IDs Google uses to understand your business. These links are:
- View Google reviews: Use this link to share your reviews with customers
- Get more reviews: Direct customers to leave a review for this business
- See your Google My Business in the SERP: Link to a search results page containing the business location’s Knowledge Panel
- Ludocid: The Ludocid, sometimes referred to as the 'CID', is a unique ID that Google assigns to a specific business location in order to identify it within its systems. The Ludocid can be used within Google search URLs to return the Knowledge Panel for that specific business. It can also be used within Google Maps to view a specific business.
- Place ID: There are two common uses of the Place ID. The first is in the Google Places API; passing this ID to Google can return extensive information about a business including its name, address, website URL, opening hours etc... The second use is in constructing a Google search URL to trigger a page that displays all the reviews for a business, or the page where users can write a new review for a business.
- FID: The FID is a unique ID that relates to reviews that Google holds about a specific business. The FID has fewer practical uses than the Ludocid and the Place ID, as it's primarily used in combination with the Place ID to generate a 'write reviews' or 'read reviews' URL.
- View the business on the Map: Link to view the business location in Google Maps
This tool uses the details users have supplied in their Google My Business listing to look up the business - therefore this tool requires the user to have a listing on Google.
Due to the limitations of the API used in this tool, you will not be able to generate Google links and IDs if you have hidden your address in your GMB listing.
If you’re not a current BrightLocal customer, you are able to run 3 free daily lookups using the Google Review Link and Place ID Generator. BrightLocal customers and trialists have access to 50 scans each day. Your scan limit will reset every day at 12am GMT / 7pm EST.
To view all of BrightLocal’s free tools for local SEO, visit our hub.