- Domain Authority (DA): A search engine ranking score developed by Moz that predicts how well a website will rank on search engine result pages (SERPs). Domain Authority is calculated by evaluating multiple factors — including linking root domains and the number of total links — into a single DA score.
- Keywords: Your SEO keywords are the words and phrases in your web content that make it possible for people to find your site via search engines. A website that is well optimized for search engines 'speaks the same language' as its potential visitor base with keywords for SEO that help connect searchers to the site.
- Ludo CID: This is a unique identifier Google attaches to each business within Google My Business that we use in the BrightLocal back end, enabling us to narrow down the search results. As a result, more accurate rank-tracking is possible.
- NAP: Name, Address, and Phone number.
- Paid Search: Any form of online marketing that involves a direct payment to an advertiser or another body for the promotion of a business online. This includes PPC (Pay Per Click), classified ads, banner ads, and many more.
- Ranking Run / Ad hoc report: A one-off ranking report which you can save to your account that will not automatically update each week or month.
- Ranking Report / Local Search Ranking Report / Local Search Rank Checker / Rank Checker / LSRC: Monitor your organic, mobile, and local search rankings, then react quickly to any changes. Track organic, mobile, and maps rankings on Google, Google Maps, Bing, and Bing Local. See local search results from any location and benchmark your progress against your main competitors.
- SaaS: ‘Software as a Service’ is a software distribution model in which a third-party provider hosts applications and makes them available to customers over the internet. SaaS is one of the three main categories of cloud computing, alongside 'Infrastructure as a Service' (IaaS) and 'Platform as a Service' (PaaS).
- Scheduled Report: A report which you can save to your account and set to automatically update every week or month.
- SEO: Search Engine Optimization.
- SERP: Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs) are the pages displayed by search engines in response to a query by a searcher. The main component of the SERP is the listing of results that are returned by the search engine in response to a keyword query, although the pages may also contain other results such as advertisements.
- SMB: A small to medium-sized business
- Top Keywords: The most common keywords used on your website are useful for ensuring that your site is truly focused on the right keywords so it's clear to Google what you offer and where you're located.
- URL: A Uniform Resource Locator (URL) — colloquially termed a web address — is a reference to a web resource that specifies its location on a computer network, and a mechanism for retrieving it. A URL is a specific type of Uniform Resource Identifier (URI), although many people use the two terms interchangeably.
- Web Crawler: A crawler is a program that visits websites to read their pages and other information in order to create entries for a search engine index. The major search engines on the web all have such a program, which is also known as a 'spider' or a 'bot'.
- WL / White-labeling: ‘White-label’ refers to a product or service that is purchased by a reseller who rebrands the product or service to give the impression that the new owner created it. The producers can increase sales by allowing another company to sell a white-labeled version of their product or service.
Are we missing something?
Submit a feature request and let us know