In this overview, we explain the Citation Builder Overview page and how to understand the results of a completed Citation Builder Campaign.
1. Citation Builder Overview page
The Citation Builder Overview page is where you can see the status of each Citation Builder campaign that you have ordered.
At the top of the page, you can see the number of available citation credits you have and buttons to click if you want to purchase more credits or start a new campaign.
The table below tells you:
- Location: The name of the company that the campaign was ordered for.
- Ordered: Whether the campaign has been saved or ordered. If it's been ordered, the date the campaign was ordered will show here.
- Campaign: The number of citations ordered, the data aggregators/networks ordered and the number of duplicated removed.
- Campaign Status: The status of the campaign, such as if it's saved, complete or we're submitting to sites.
- Actions Required: The number of actions you need to take for that report. As we're submitting to citation sites, we'll notify you of any help we need from you to get the citations verified. These will show as 'Actions Required' in your report. In this column, we'll tell you how many actions are currently waiting to be completed in that report.
- Actions: What you can do with your campaign, i.e, view it, buy more citations, or update it.
You can also search using the search bar to search your campaigns by:
- Location name
- Campaign name
- State / Region
Here is an example of the Citation Builder campaign report that has been completed. Let's find out what each section shows, and how to understand the report data.
2. Login Credentials
When our submission agents start working on the Citation Builder campaign, one of the first things they’ll do is create a dedicated email account, which is then used for registration purposes on most citation sites.
When you click on the ‘Citations Login Credentials' button, a popup window will appear with login information similar to this below:
Most directories will require both the email and password, however, some may use the username instead, so we have added that here too.
We'll use these credentials for the majority of the citation sites throughout the campaign. If a specific site requires a unique or specific email address (e.g. Bing will require a Microsoft email address), we will add it to the notes section next to the citation in question.
These details will also be used as recovery information for unique credentials that we use for sites like Bing — so if you are locked out from the account, these can help you regain access.
3. Buy More Citations
The ‘Buy More Citations’ button allows you to reorder the campaign, so it can be updated if some of the information has changed, or if you simply want to add more citations to the existing list. When this option is selected, you will be redirected to step 2 of the Citation Builder Campaign setup.
4. SettingsThe ‘Actions’ button has a dropdown menu that offers this selection of functions:
Edit Campaign Settings: This section will show what information was initially submitted for the specific campaign — these details can be edited, however, they will not be applied to the Citation Builder Campaign unless it’s reordered.
Publish Campaign/View External Campaign: This function allows you to publish and view the campaign on the external URL.
Download PDF: This function allows you to download the report in PDF format.
Download CSV: This function allows you to download the report in CSV format.
5. Actions Required
This section will only appear if there are actions that you need to take to help verify certain listings. To see what action you need to take, click the 'See Notes' button next to each one and a popup will appear.
Follow the instructions in the popup, using the login credentials provided. When you have completed the action, click the 'Archive Action Alert' button at the bottom to show it's been completed.
To reinstate/add an alert, click on 'See Notes' next to the citation in the Citation Table.
Then click 'Mark As An Alert'.
6. Aggregators and Networks Status
At the top of the Citation Builder report is the Status section which tells you the number of Citation Builder campaigns that have been run for the Location, plus any local data aggregators/networks that have been purchased.
7. View Campaign
This section tells you more information about your campaign. Including:
1. The date of your campaign and the campaign ID.
2. How many citations you ordered, if any duplicate listings were removed and any data aggregator/networks submissions.
3. The progress of your campaign. To learn more about what each phase means click here.
4. The total cost of your campaign and a way for you to add feedback or to ask our team a question, by clicking the 'Give Campaign Feedback' button.
5. Information about how your Citation Builder campaign is delivered. This link takes you to a very helpful video that explains how our agents are working on the Citation Builder Campaign and the duration of each campaign stage.
6. If you see this message, it means that your campaign is complete but that not all of the listings have gone live.
If you see the message above, check the ‘Notes’ column in the table below.
The ‘Add Link’ button means that we have submitted the citation to the site but that the last time we checked the listing hadn’t gone live yet.
Now’s a good time to check if the listing has gone live by searching for it on the citation site. If you find that the listing has gone live, you can add a link by clicking on the ‘Add Link’ button, pasting the URL and hitting ‘Add URL’.
8. Citations Submission Status
This section of the report tells you the overall number of citations that were ordered, submitted and so on. To get an explanation of what each status means simply hover over the 'i' icon.
This section lists each citation that was ordered for the campaign, plus:
- The Citation Site it was ordered from.
- The Site Type - whether the site is a general directory, or a niche site.
- The Domain Authority of the chosen citation. This is an ‘SEO’ score of the website that predicts the ability of the site to rank well in search engines.
- The date when our team submitted or updated the citation.
- The current status of the citation. For more information on what each staus means click the 'i' icon in the status card above.
10. NotesThe 'Notes' column is where you can view your live listings, see notes or additioal information left by our submission agents and add links to live listings.
View: When clicked, the 'View' button will take you to the live citation.
Add Link: If you want to add a link to a live listing yourself, click the 'Add Link' button and enter the URL for the listing.
This can be used in several cases — for example, if you notice that submitted or pending listings have gone live before we check it, if you have completed the phone verification and the listing is now live, or if your campaign is complete but you want to update the listing yourself.
11. Campaign Feedback
If you would like to leave feedback or ask a question about this report, click the 'Give Campaign Feedback' button and fill in the form.
The form is linked to the report, meaning your message will come through to us with the campaign ID, making it quick and easy for us to help you.