Adding a Client
To add a Client, follow these steps:
1. Select Locations Overview from the top menu, then click on the 'Clients' tab.
2. Once in the 'Clients' tab, click the green ‘Add Client(s)' button (shown below within the red box).
There are two options for adding Clients:
Add Single Client: This option will simply add a single Client.
Add Multiple Clients: Using this option, you can upload multiple Clients via a CSV.
3. To add a single Client, click the green 'Add Single Client' button, and you can add your client's details manually.
Company Name: Enter the name of the client's company
Company URL: Enter the client's company website address
Unique Client Reference: If you keep a client database and have a local reference number for each client, you can enter it here to make it easier to cross-reference clients you have stored there with the corresponding entries in BrightLocal.
Status: Use this field to select the status of the client — whether they are an existing client or a lead.
4. Once the fields have been populated, click on the green ‘Add Client’ button to complete set up.
Edit an existing Client
1. If you want to edit an existing Client that has already been set up, simply click on the 'Clients' tab to see a list of all Clients currently in the account.
2. Then, identify the Client to be edited, and click on the arrow to the right of the green 'View' button
3. Finally, select 'Edit Client' from the top of the dropdown.
Here, the Client's details can be edited, and you are able to update or delete the Client.